Days 20 - 21: Mykonos at Leisure


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
May 9th 2005
Published: June 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Slept in till 8 this morning and had another great breakfast - I love their yoghurt! Amanda wandered in slightly embarrased, but said she felt surprisingly fine after a decent sleep. We all caught the 10.30 bus into town, which was good cause we got to see a lot of the island. Amanda said that it was very different to what she expected too, so I wasn't the only one who thought it's be a lot greener and more 'tropical'.
The town of Mykonos is amazing, with all the white buildings with blue roofs, like in the postcards. We all separated and wandered around the narrow streets, taking photos and getting lost. I climbed up to this tower thing to get some good photos over the rooftops, but the view wasn't as good as I'd expected - it's actually better looking back at the town.
Caught the bus back to the resort and hung out by the pool, then caught the bus into town to grab some gyros for dinner with Matty, Toni, Melissa and Tracey. Found how to get to the windmills and wandered around town taking more photos. Had a white chocolate crepe before heading back, which was divine.
Had karaoke night at the resort, and 2 for 1 smirnoff ice's, so everyone got pretty smashed. Stayed up until about 2 when it died.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb