Days 20 - 21: Mykonos at Leisure


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
May 8th 2005
Published: June 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

White-washed houses, cobbled streets, windmills, exquisite boutiques, sun-soaked beaches (some are perfect for an all-over tan), Mykonos has got the lot! At night choose from typical tavernas to sophisticated restaurants, from bars playing classical music to hard rock, from Greek dancing to outrageous floor shows - there's no place like Mykonos!

Slept in till 9 this morning, was such a luxury. Had a buffet breakfast to die for - omlettes, pizza, quiche, nutella croissants, cereal, fruit, donuts, and even better yoghurt than in Corfu. Sat by the pool for a while, then was supposed to go sea kayaking but there were too many people so will go this afternoon. Julia and I sunbaked on the beach for a while, then came back and joined the others by the pool. Finally got through to home on the phone, but couldn't hear a thing.
Sunburn is coming out now, I can feel it. It's really weird here cause you go brown straight away, and the red comes out later. It's a really deep brown though, I think I got more colour in the last day and a half than I get over the whole summer at home. I guess maybe it has something to do with them actually having an ozone layer here or something. Had fun on the kayaks this afternoon with Aaron, Simon, Julia and Melissa. Paddeld out to Aphrodites breasts, then across the beach and around to a little cove. Swam in the pool and played volleyball for a while, then went to have a shower and stuff.
Met up with Emily for a beer at the bar before dinner, and had an interesting time with Amanda, Scott, Mark and Gill who had just finished their cocktail mixology course. They were ll beyond smashed, and had consumed more alcohol between the 3 of them than the 12 people did who did the course 2 days beforehand. We left them to it and sat on the lilos at the other end of the pool, chatting to other people, but you could here them reciting lines from The Castle, Chopper, American Pie, and numerous other movies. The first lot of people left for their 7.15 dinner, so I joined Amanda at the bar who was still drinking. Then she decided she wanted dinner, so I took her over to the restaurant and she managed to get herself some food and sit down near the others. She spilled parmesan cheese all down her front, then nearly passed out in her plate when I went to get my dinner. The food was really good, I had more moussaka and heaps of salad and stuff. Followed Amanda back to the bar where they gave her another drink (no responsible service of alcohol here), and she started smoking Jason's cigarettes that he'd left behind. Cleon and I made her buy some water, then took her back to her room and put her to bed. I went back to the restaurant for a while and had some dessert with the others, then everyone went to the cillout lounge to watch a movie. I watched a bit of 8 mile, but was exhausted so went to bed early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb