The Promised Land


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean
September 1st 2004
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SantoriniSantoriniSantorini

who would have guessed that a volcanic explosion could have turned out to be so beautiful
Man… The Aleutian Islands were a godsend after a year of the monotonous gray Chinese Skies.

The beauty of this area is almost ineffable. Crystal blue seas stretch off onto the horizon, sleepy clouds drift in the light blue sky, and beautiful bikini clad babes walk to and fro on picture perfect white sand beaches. It’s paradise.

I couldn’t have imagined a better vacation after a year in the industrial city of Nanjing. I had almost forgotten what nature was supposed to look like. I took the barren, albeit beautiful in their own way, peaks of Zijinshan to be a beautiful site after the course of my time in China. It's funny how time can do that to you and that is why travel can be so important. It breaks the images and beliefs that you have formed overtime and shows you that there are different places and ways to live.

And Greece just so happens to be one of those places that shatters the environment of any previous country you may have traveled from. A country of delicious gyros, frappes, beautiful beaches and bikini clad babes… life can’t get much better than that.

Unfortunately, I have
The CalderaThe CalderaThe Caldera

mind your step
somehow managed to delete or misplace many of the pictures I took while I was in Greece. It’s a shame but these are the select few that remain and they hardly do the country justice.

It truly is a paradise not to be missed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Another Perfect DayAnother Perfect Day
Another Perfect Day

and an ice cold beer and amazing meal while watching the sun slowly settle behind the horizon
ChampionsChampions
Champions

Euro Cup '04. In the right place at the right time.
Blurred BeautyBlurred Beauty
Blurred Beauty

Fira at night


Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb