The end


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 28th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are still in Santorini but have moved to Kamari Beach. Our hotel is wonderful and seems very fancy when compared to some of our other places. We planned it this way and it has worked out well. The hotel has a swimming pool and the beach is 10 steps away. There is a great breakfast every morning. Jessica is in 7th heaven as they have yogurt, honey and fruit. Greek yogurt is very different but tasty. It is very quite here and we are just lazing around before we head home. We met some girls from Calgary and one turned out to have been Jessica's union rep from IGA.

Yesterday we went to a Wine museum and tasting. Santorini is known for the wine that is produced here. The wine was not our style, but seeing the old wine cellars was very interesting. We then went to Oia to see the world famous sunset. You have to be in place around 7pm to have a good view and the sunset starts around 8pm. It was beautiful. I took about 30 pictures so I hope one turns out.

We are going to another wine tasting tonight and then we catch the ferry to Athens tommorrow night. Then starts the 20 hour trek home. Less stops this time, Athens-Philadelphia-Las Vegas-Calgary. Arriving in Calgary at 1am on Saturday. We had to buy a duffle bag to bring our souvenirs home!

We have enjoyed writing this blog even though it was difficult to find internet especially with the ability to upload pictures. We are sad but ready to come home. Correction, I am ready to come home, Jessica would stay forever. Talk to you soon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb