The boat ride from hell


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are happy to report that after two days we can now sit and stand without pain.

We are in beautiful Santorini now. It is an amazing island with so many wonderful views. The trip here was not so wonderful however. The travel agent booked us on a high speed ferry from Crete to Santorini which took 2 hours instead of the normal 4. She did not mention that it would feel like being on an amusement park ride. The ferry took off from the port and the ride was smooth till they picked up speed. The water started coming over the windows of the boat and we started slamming into the waves. People in the boat started gasping as we went up and down over the waves. We were not expecting this from the ferry so we had not taken any gravol beforehand. We knew we were in trouble when the boat attendents started handing out puke bags like peanuts. About 30 minutes into the ride, I (Jessica) became very ill and took advantage of the puke bags (many of them!) Luckly I was not the only one. Mom went to the back of the boat and there were 25 people laying on the floor who were all sick as well. It was an experience for sure. As soon as I left the boat I felt 125% better.

We arrived in the town of Fira (capital city) and checked into our hotel. We spent the evening wandering the streets and taking pictures of the beautiful views. Today we took a Caique (pirate ship type boat) to an active volcano on a neighbouring island. We also swam to some hot springs and had an amazing lunch at a taverna on another island. We will write more later as we are out of time!
Miss everyone and hope you are all well!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb