living it up in the villa romantic


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from santorini.

Just nipped in to an internet cafe while we wait for the bus to go to the northern coast of the island, to watch the famous sunsets there in Ia. So. to update u with what we have been getting up to since the last time we wrote.
We spent our last day in naxos just chilling out after our exciting day of exploration on sunday, and so after a decent breakfast of omlette with eric and julia, the 4 of us headed down to the beach and took it easy with some beers and a rematch of beach football. we managed to restore some national pride, winning 7-6. kerry played much better this time, getting her foot in in some last ditch tackles. after going back to get ready for the evening, around 5, the girls went shopping for clothes, as the island had an old market in the old town, and me and eric went in search of a laundrette. when we found one, we dumped our clothes, and with a box of wine in hand, went down to the beach for a drink while the sun set, all v romantic! we then met up with anna, the lass from NY we had met the previous night, and we went for tea. however, we were running late, and so i was edgy as i would miss the beginning of the leeds game. with the approval of the others, i just legged it to the bar after throwing my food down. i missed the first 10 mins, and had to watch it in a dark corner on a little tv, as a group of 6 locals wanted to watch a swiss league match of the big screen, unbelievable. after lots of shouting at swearing at frazer richardson amongst others, we went to a few bars before heading back to our room to finish of the 6 litre box of wine. at 3am we finally finished it, and eric managed to keep it down this time!
the canadians left early in the morning, but we got up for a final brekkie with them to see them off. we really enjoyed spending 4 days with them, they were a good laugh. we went for the ferry after a lunch of gyros for santorini, which was just 2 hours. when we got off it was like a riot, all the b and b guys fighting for customers. we found a guy who had a place near the old town and the bonus of a pool, all for the same price as naxos, so we went with him. really nice bloke, very sweaty tho. he even is guna try and get the leeds game hooked up in our room, which is nice of him. we just wandered round the old town and got some tea, which was amazing, at a little trattoria he recommended, i had the best plate of fresh anchovies and spinach. today we just chilled out after our day of travelling, i had a lie in and kerry went to the supermarket for bread and fruit for breakfast. we just chilled out by our pool, taking advantage of such luxury, and had it to ourselves all day. in terms of tourists, its perfect at the mo. very few brits etc, mainly just travellers, so no stag do's etc. and thats it, so it gotta go, the bus is in 15 mins. hope all is well at home. planning to go up the local volcano and swim in hot springs in next few days, so should be good.

Alex and kerry. xxx

Advertisement



16th May 2008

Lucky Leeds!!
Never mind Cosmo being sweaty, I bet you were in a bit of a lather watching the 2nd leg Alex. Where will you be for the final, do you know yet? Nan A was feeling a bit brighter last night. Mike was just checking your date of arrival in London, he was not sure if you were ging to be there for their Eurovision party on the 24th, shame you 'll miss it, never mind. Nothing very exciting here, we are planning to go to a home and garden show at the Echo arena on sunday. Bye for now love P7C. xxx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb