To the sports bar for some play-off action!!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Naxos
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

so the big day has arrived, i have found a very nice sports bar, which apparantly is also the popular bar for ladies of the night to ply their trade, but most importantly, is showing the leeds match tonight!! im buzzing, im currently teaching "marching on together" to our canadian pals, so there'l be a good crowd in tonight! so, to update u with the events of the last few days.
On the evening of our first full day here, we went for a wander round the old town, which, sadly, had an old market bit, full of little shops selling silk scarves and girl stuff like that, so the girls messed around looking at that while me and eric pined for some seafood. we had tea at a nice restaurant run by a lively fat greek man, who fed us well and gave us a free jug of wine, on top of the one we had already polished off, which was lovely. at about midnight we grabbed some small change and some bottles of the local grape and played a bit of poker back at the b and b, which resulted in yet another defeat for the english. \
yesterday we got up early, with a killer hang over, and rented a car to spend the day exploring the "real" naxos, going to the little villages and bays, and all the ancient greek ruins. the drive was amazing, i didnt realise how mountainous the land would be, and it was like driving round the alps at times. thankfully eric was more than willing to drive and after seeing the extremely tight turns on the edge of mountain roads kerry was extremely glad. it was good to see the rest of the island, away from the tourists. we got back to naxos town at about half four, and as the other 3 went off for a pre-evening nap, i went off down to the sports bar to watch the man u match (we are 2 hours ahead so kick off was 5 here) with a lone danish man u fan. we was like a danish arth, and knew loads on footy, and we are meeting him for the leeds game tonight, much to the disgust of his poor girlfriend! we then went up to the castle for a night of traditional naxian music and dancing, with unlimited local wine and ouzo, which we bulldozed through. sadly, in erics attempt to keep up with the standards set by the brits, the evening ended early for him when we got back to the room, as he spent an hour with his head in the toilet. finally the english pull it back to 2-1! a good night all round tho, the highlight at the aftershow being craig from nottingham, a really wierd fella in his late 30s who collected interviews as his hobby. he also ran an internet forum about the history of migration, which he told us all about. needless to say we wont be signing up to that when we get home. and that is it i think. this is our last day in naxos and our last day with our canadian friends, as eric flies home to canada and julia rejoins her army pals. santorini for us 2mo, so 1st mission to find a bar for the second leg on thurs! hope all is well at home, glad to here u lot are getting some sun at home 2.

Alex and kerry xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb