Oia


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
September 30th 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oia 1Oia 1Oia 1

Getting into the postcard business should be a snap
We are loving our time in Imergovilli even though we can't spell it, or pronounce it.
Apparantly the place to go for all the scenic postcard type shots, (you mean we havn't had the really good ones yet???) is Oia which we saw by boat the other day.
Apart from us hard core kiwi adventurers who have been walking everywhere, most people seem to use donkey or quad bike to get around.
Not wanting to be outdone, but mainly not wanting to walk all the way to Oia, we hired a couple of quad bikes and headed off.
For the record, I got mine up to 53 kmph on the downhill, (Steve claims 55) but the girls thought we had them under control the whole time.. how nice of them to have such blind faith in the face of death 😊
Oio is amazing as these shots will testify, a little further from the main town which might have been a bit of a pain had we stayed here, but I was able to buy a chocolate donut so as far as I was concerned, most of the requirements of a civilized community were met.
We took a few shots of
Oia 2Oia 2Oia 2

Gentleman, start your engines
the famous Santorini churches, soaked up the atmosphere, and then headed back as we thought Mike, Kirsty & Jase might want to check it out too.
Unfortunately they were too busy growing moustaches and being mexican and so couldn't quite fit it into their schedule.
Oh well, maybe next time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Oia 3Oia 3
Oia 3

Ladies, start your man-bikes
Oia 4Oia 4
Oia 4

I really need to get into the photography business
Oia 5Oia 5
Oia 5

No, we're not getting married... but Jo & Steve are!! You heard it here first.
Oia 6Oia 6
Oia 6

Jo looks pregnant, but assures us it's a wardrobe malfunction, (Anything you too would like to tell us about your impending engagement Steve & Jo?)
Oia 7Oia 7
Oia 7

What a stink view
Oia 8Oia 8
Oia 8

and they don't get any better, at least I bought my donut here
Oia 9Oia 9
Oia 9

The proposal
Oia 10Oia 10
Oia 10

Optimus Prime


3rd October 2007

Proposal
Hey put up the photo of me down on one knee with Jo giving her the ring, It would be a good laugh.
3rd October 2007

Garbage
Bloody hell guys, don't envy you in the slightest. Trip looks rubbish with all that messy stone stuff everywhere. Just come home and take some photos of sheep instead eh?
5th October 2007

The Proposal
The magic moment has been uploaded. Have you bought her a proper rock yet?

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb