Rhodes


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Rhodes
October 23rd 2014
Published: October 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Rhodes. 23.10.14. Sunny early then storming/rain



Today we went for a lengthy walk along the coastal footpath. The Coast line is craggy and the beaches are either stony or course brown ( dirt like) sand. The water is deep blue and it looks as though the depth level past the waterline drops off quickly. No issue with Broadwater sand bars here! The views are beautiful.

Have run out of things to do. We had contemplated a bus ride down the westcoast to an archilogical site today, but further reading of the guidebook intimated that it may not be worth the journey, only one Ancient Column standing, and a vivid imagination required to picture the ancient site in its glory days; also the threat of rain and a two and half hour wait for the return bus influenced our decision to pass! Besides we also travel 18 Kms of the same road to the airport on Saturday.

The decline in tourist numbers in the town is noticeable, and it sounds as those the lights are being " turned out" this weekend. Makes us wonder about Santorini.

Now raining, so we are cocooned in our room, luckily it is quite generous in size and furnishings. Have purchased happy hour supplies which will be broken out when I finish this note. Dinner again at George and Maria's Taverner. The food has been delicious. We may be its only diners tonight. It is closing Saturday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb