Day 104: Rhodes


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Rhodes
August 10th 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

P1000343P1000343P1000343

the town square
Today we had the whole day on the one island so we decided to sleep in a bit so set our alarms for 9am. Then got ready, had another amazing breakfast (omelette, waffles and fruit salad) and then headed off the boat onto the island of Rhodes. This morning we decided to visit the Old Town. It was pretty cute with lots and lots of identical shops which kind of reminded us of South America. All selling the same things. Lots of pretty funky, cheap jewellery and nick naks. We wandered very very leisurely for about 2-3 hours, sat and I enjoyed my daily iced coffee frappe (AMAZING!), then headed back to the boat for lunch. Which of course was awesome as per usual!

After lunch we headed off the boat again with the intention of finding the beach but it was pretty hot so we decided to just wander through the new town of Rhodes and check out the shops there. It was very different to the Old Town and we both decided we preferred the cuteness of the Old Town better. El was wanting to apply for some more jobs for London, so after wandering round for an hour or so we found a cafe with wifi and with a lot of self control turned down the incredible desserts on offer and shared a coke zero 😊 It was very difficult!!

We never found the beach and had to be back on the boat by 5.30 so just made it back in time, joined in (actually just watched) with the sailing away dance cheering on Rhodes! It’s a bit ridiculous really but entertaining to watch as the same people get up every day when leaving an island and shake their bootys!! Then we decided that after feeling a bit crappy for the last week wed both make an effort to go to the gym (to give El credit she had been the last 2 days without me!) for 45mins. It was a seriously good effort! E were both sore afterwards but felt better and when getting another fantastic dinner, saw dessert and though heck yeah we’ve earned it!! Haha  It was pineapple, peach and apple crumble!!!! Mmmmmm :P We then piked on meeting the Captain which wasn’t at the top of either of our to do lists and headed back to our room and chilled out as have an early start tomorrow! We are excited about Crete and Santorini tomorrow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb