Gyros? Me thinks so...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Naxos
May 8th 2007
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone from Naxos! It's our second day here on the biggest Cycladic island at 20k people (and no, these islands are not just for cycling around)--> that was Dennis. It's very pretty here, but we both agree that Mykonos was better. It's very hot here, possibly more than Mykonos, and right now Dennis is petting a beautiful white lab. Dennis is trying to tell him to sit, but we just realized he probably doesn't understand English, so Dennis is looking up how to say sit in Greek.

Well we got here yesterday afternoon on the high speed boat. It only took about 40 minutes. It's definitely greener than Mykonos, but we forgot our camera cord again, so no photos for you. We will probably update in Santorini again (not tomorrow but the next). Our hostel is pretty nice, our shower is essentially... well.. a hose I guess. You can literally sit on the toilet and shower at the same time. Two birds with one stone I guess. Last night we decided to do some laundry... but we didn't want to go to the laundry mat and pay.. so... we did it in our tiny sink. We rigged up a plug with some tinfoil and a cup (and Dennis' hand) and used our Tide soap and washed everything, then rinsed it off in the hose/shower thing, and Dennis stringed all our clothes up across our room on his drying line. It was actually a lot of fun, we set up the iPod really loud so we had music through the head phones, and we will show pictures next time. Today we just relaxed. I can't wait for Santorini in a day and a bit, how about you Dennis?

Well I cannot wait either Kim. Everyone is saying just how beautiful it is going to be and I think both of us can't wait. Part of both of us wants to say forget staying here another night, lets move on to Santorini!!! We already booked our ferry and hostels though so no such luck 😞 Ah well, it will give us an excuse to come back another time when we are married, shucks darnit.

So we went to the beach this morning and are going to spend the rest of the day touring around the main town here and the museums and then we are going to go to a violin concert outdoors and then go for supper at this fantastic mexican place. I know. Mexican food in Greece. I know what you are thinking, but it is supposed to be fantastic. So we figured we should check it out. Tomorrow we are going to climb up some mountain and hang out with our buddy Zeus. Some people say he is a god or something, but I don't think he has anything on our God. We are going to hike up mount zeus or mount zas as they say here and check out the cave of zas along the way, where they claim he was born. We will check it out and let you know. And then, off to the beautiful and romantic island of Santorini!!! Woop Woop!

So we are going to check out now and go and get something cold to eat/drink as both of us are tres chaud. Hope everyone is well at home.

We miss and love you all

Den and Kim

Advertisement



8th May 2007

Still having Fun!
Sounds like you two are still having fun, now stop that, we're all jealous here. Just kidding you only live once or twice and should go for it. Can't wait for the next set of pictures, quit forgetting that cord! You two take care of each other, love to you both. Mr. Zacharko says hello, we miss you, have fun and wear lots of sunscreen and don't go to any of those kind of places.
10th May 2007

Well Sports Fans....
Sigh... the buzzer has gone... and alas... the knights has lost... the castle has fallen. That's right sports fans. Hockey is officially done for the season. That means we have 4 months without hockey... or more acurately we have four months without the boys playing hockey and us freezing our butts off in the stands. We do however have 4 months of talking about hockey, planning, scheming... come on now... I know you're excited. hehehe.. We unfortunately lost 7-1... yep a little bit of a blow out... I'm sure you can imagine... but no one got kicked out... hehehe... only a few fans froze... I mostly controlled myself... and by mostly I mean not very well. And Kim the glass was all fogged up, just like at those preseason games. It's been a good season Knights... oh and Dennis the general consensus was that we should blame you for the loss... hehehe... just kidding... I blame the OLD man (aka Mike, aka birthday boy) he just doesn't have the energy he had in his youth... hehehe It was a good series with lots of promise for next year. :) And Dennis Dean had a beer for you upstairs after the game.
10th May 2007

Cycladic?
When I first saw Cycladic I so thought of psycadelic! haha, you should call it that from now on!

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb