More Stuff


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
April 28th 2008
Published: April 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The trip to the coliseum was incredible; it was much larger than I had thought. There are many areas where restoration was attempted but failed. The weather has been great a little cool but still no need for a jacket. After we left the coliseum we returned to our hotel to catch the bus to the cruise ship, the drive through the country side was very scenic.
Check in on the ship went smoothly and we found our room with no problems, the first and second day was spent at sea, so we explored the ship (not as big as the first cruise) I have many pictures and video of the ship.
Today the ship docked early in Mykonos, a small Greek island (85 square miles) we went into town where we discovered streets that are smaller than in Italy. All the houses are painted white in inset into the rocky hill side, the streets are all cobble stone and very uneven, but very beautiful to see. We stopped at a local restaurant for lunch, the food was good but a little on the pricy side, lunch cost 55.00 Euro.
Now we are back on the ship doing home work and our blogs. Talk to you later.

Yes, Tyler did manage to get to see his capuchin monks. Liam did not like it very much, but Tyler enjoyed it. We were not allowed photos, but we have a couple of post cards to share with everyone.

Tyler has been handwriting his journal, and the entries all sound like this: “Today we were in Mykonos, it was fun.” That’s it, one sentence per day. I’m sure he will have lots to say when we get back though.

The picture of the windmills is from Mykonos. This island is famous for them.

It is hard for me to bring the kids down when I am posting, as we only can get wireless at certain hotspots and they do not want to go. They always want to be in the kids clubs. And the internet is expensive. I could not get a package with no limit, so it costs about .42 per minute. I don't mind paying, but don;t want to waste a lot of time.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb