Chillaxin' in Nafplio


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Nafplion
November 17th 2006
Published: November 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spent a relaxing day in and around Nafplio yesterday. The city was the first capital of Greece, and while it doesn't retain many monuments of that time the Venetian-influenced old town is a wonderful place to spend time. We slept in a bit and promenaded around the narrow streets, window shopping at the many souvenier shops and drinking and eating at the cafes and restaurants. The weather was pleasant (20ish) and the sun was really warm, so in the afternoon we grabbed a couple of cold Mythos (our favourite Greek beer) and headed for a dip. It was a pebble beach, so there weren't any sand castles, but the water was super clear and the view spectacular. We had an interesting incident...Lisa picked up her beer for a sip and got more than she bargained for A WASP BITE inside her top lip! Moral of the story: Don't put your beer down unfinished! It hurt yesterday but she's fine today.

We are catching a bus this morning and heading for the island of Hydra, which is all pedestrianized. No motor vehicles only...donkeys! Tonight we go back to Athens for our early morning flight to Zurich. We will likely not update again until we get home.

Bye-bye!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb