Oh my it's Delphi!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Greece » Delphi
November 15th 2006
Published: November 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Kalambaka on the 14th and headed by long, windy, mountain bus south west to Delphi, home of the Oracle. We arrived late and found a hotel with a great view overlooking the Bay of Corinth. We went this morning to the Temples of Apollo and Athena that are on Mount Parnassos, overlooking a beautiful valley. ALOT of climbing though! Ancient Greeks were in shape 😊 Then it was off by Bus along the coast to Patra and our connection to Nafplia. We have decided to slow down our itinerary a bit and skip Olympus. It was a bit out of our way, and considering neither of us are Olympic Athletes (we know this judging by our climbing lately), we thought it would be best to continue to this port town of Nafplia and partake in what we're really good at...food and wine! So we arrived around 10 PM this evening, and are staying in a small pensione. Graeme had his Gyros finally and I am looking forward to tomorrow. This place was built by the Venetiens, yesss, pasta! More to come tomorrow and some pictures. Miss everyone at home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Graeme in the starting blocksGraeme in the starting blocks
Graeme in the starting blocks

This is at the stadium in Delphi, which in ancient times hosted one of the Hellenic Games, every four years (like Olympia).
Lisa and Temple of AthenaLisa and Temple of Athena
Lisa and Temple of Athena

Where the Greeks consulted the oracle.


16th November 2006

miss you too Love Dad
16th November 2006

Its all greek to me
Great pictures and adventures. I Look forward more pictures and your dialogue. You could sell the adventure on the travel page of newspapers. Bye for now and continue having fun and look foreward to hearing all the details. I will consider a travelblog on our next trip. Love Dad PS the floor is finished.

Tot: 0.534s; Tpl: 0.054s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb