Day 15 - Day 18, Greece and Sailing


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Epirus » Igoumenitsa
August 28th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 15
today we were catching the ferry from ancona to igounmisa, it took half the day on the bus then it was an overnight ferry, nothing too exciting except for a new guy on tour (nemo) missed the bus from rome and then only just made it to the ferry before we borded, needless to say he automatically got topdick before he even knew what it was (a game we play on the bus where someone has dome something stupid and the winner has to wear a ridiculous lanyard and add something to it till the next bus/travel day).

Day 16
after a good nights sleep on the ferry we then disembarked and drove on the bus to Platira where we starting our sailing. We were quite lucky as we only had 4-5 people to a boat which was good. The boat I was on only had 4 of us which was quite spacious for a little space. We only left port at around 2pm with dimetri as our boat guide person. It was quite a relaxing experience sailing through greece. We got to stop off in the middle of the ocean for a wee swim, it was beautiful and refreashing as like on every other day of the trip we had sun and hotness. Our first place of dock was Petatie which was nice, there was a resturant at the end of the dock where we had dinner, fresh fish – yumm. There was also some entertainment which was a bit of dancing and lifting tables with your mouth.

Day 17
a casual relaxed day sailing today, the sun was hiding behind clouds today but was still warm. We docked at Sivota which was a cute little place with not much to do but eat, drink and swim.

Day 18
today we were sailing back to our starting point of Plateria. On the way we stopped at a random beach with nothing anywhere close by. It was beautiful with loungers and shelters and you could do water sports there too. We stopped for a couple of hours and just relaxed, swam a bit as was hot and sunny. We got back to Plateria at around 6.30 and dinner at a resturant before spending the last night on the boats.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb