Walking day 2. Around.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Adelianos Kampos
September 9th 2023
Published: September 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Don’t bet we are at the location mentioned above. The internet is slow and intermittent here so I dare not check. We are close to Askifou and obviously still on Crete which is all you probably need to know.

Found gyros last night. Still surprised we don’t see it more frequently and still surprised how relatively cheap it is. We pay about half the price of any other ‘main course’, still get chips with it (everywhere we have had gyros with chips in it!) and we always enjoy them.

Again made the trek to breakfast and yes I still think it’s a bit weird. It’s not like it’s an impressive breakfast either. There are some hard boiled eggs but nothing else is cooked, there’s no cereal of any description, no pastries and only a couple of basic fruits. Anyway ancient history now as we are ensconced in a new hotel (although this one doesn’t have cereals either!)

About 14 km today in a circular walk. Again good instructions but again it means eyes down at the iPad. The route followed a signed walk for much of the distance and why they did not mention this is another mystery. Sections were rocky and other sections were very rocky! There were breaks on paved tracks and some cute villages to walk through and really the walk was pleasant and enjoyable despite it being very humid and consequently sweaty and sticky. Obviously we walk back to where we started and that’s fine after you get your head around the idea. We were then driven to our hotel and we do the same tomorrow, that is we have a circular walk again. It’s a bit longer, at very close to 20 km, and it has twice the altitude gain so it will be a little more challenging.

Just lost half this post so,I’ll,save and return some time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb