Saturday, August 29, Veria, Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Veria
September 7th 2009
Published: September 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

MariahMariahMariah

Saturday events included dancing and singing.
Same thing, different day. A sweet Greek woman, Vassi, appeared in our life and took over selling at our booth. And could she sell!!! I still ran back and forth from booth to sing or dance, but it was sure a relief to have someone attending our merchandise.

Lunch again at the restaurant across the street. Many trips to the park concession stand for our frappes. Hot. Humid. More ebbing and flowing of people. Sunset and more people show up. We see familiar faces from yesterday.

A busload from Athens is rumored to be on its way.

The vendors shop at each other’s booths. Lots of picture taking by the participants as well as the festival attendees. I’m learning how to negotiate the square ceramic thingie bolted to the floor of our park-provided special washroom facilities. It was designated strictly for all the festival’s participants, not audience. Demetri put a sign on the door. Either by accident or prank, Lee was locked in sometime during the day. Poor guy!

Enjoy the photos. It’s another good day in Greece.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

WilsonWilson
Wilson

Dancing on the boyhood land of Alexander the Great.
JohnnyJohnny
Johnny

Getting down with his guitar.
DavidDavid
David

Stepping out and looking fine.
Lee and WilsonLee and Wilson
Lee and Wilson

Singing in the heat and humidity.
MerrickMerrick
Merrick

A dancer from Poland.
LeeLee
Lee

Looking fine, but then I am prejudice!
JackieJackie
Jackie

Our German hostess dancing jingle.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb