Kalamera


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Thessaloniki
May 31st 2010
Published: May 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Stadium WalkingStadium WalkingStadium Walking

Walking the Ancient Stadium at Olympia.
Kalamera, or good Good Morning, Everyone

Here we are in Thesasaloniki, the capital of Macedonia, on the shores of the Aegean Sea, in the far NE of Greece. This is the start of the fifth day of our 7 day tour, but already it feels like we have been travelling for about 10 days! Because we have a late start this morning, it is the first time that we have had a chance to communicate in any way. Since we will now have 3 nights in this hotel, which has free wi-fi in all the rooms, we will be able to commumicate more. We have just caught up with blog messages and emails.
We are both well and have come through four days of continuous activity in high temperatures with nothing worse than some foot, knee, and thigh weariness. The tour is proving very good, and we are enjoying every aspect of it.

We have seen so many amazing places and wonderful sights, that there is no way that I can give you a blow-by-blow account of it all. And to mention even a few of them wouldn't do justice to the rest. It really is something that you have to see and experience for yourself. When time permits however, probably when we blob out for half a day on our return to Athens, I will give you our general impressions of all aspects of the whole tour, including the ancient sites and their accompanying museums, other highlights, the geography of Greece, the hotels, the food, the routine of bus touring, etc, which may help you to decide if you would like to do this tour. Until then it is time to say goodbye for another 3 days.

P&K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb