A2 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Greece
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What are popular forms of art in Greece? How do artists express themselves here?

Greece has many forms of art and most of their most famous art was created during Ancient Greece. In Ancient Greece artist typically made sculptures. Many of their sculptures were representaions of the Gods they believed in. Greeks aslo added a word to there vocabulary "arete". Arete meant excellence and reaching one's full potential. The only ancient greek paintings found were painted on pottery. These paintings usually always told a story about a war or were about the gods they believed in. Greeks named alot of their art work after Gods.

Link: http://www.ushistory.org/civ/5e.asp

Many of the art in Greece was popular because it was mostly based on the Gods they believed in. Making their art based on the Gods they believed in because their Gods were based on humans. Also art sculptures created were sometimes based on accomplishments that human beings have reached. Artist must of did this so that when they looked at their art they would be reminded of all the successful things they have done and never let it be forgotten. They also descriubed their art as "arete" because it was something that they were porud of. Artist also expressed how much they loved their gods because they would create tributes for them like the Parthenon which was something they made for a goddess named Athena. Greeks have created so many pieces of beautiful art that it stills amazes poeple today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb