A2 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Greece
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/ government in this country/ region? Whos has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Currently, the government that Greece has is the Parliamentary Republic. Parliamentary Republic is to seperate the three branches of government and to balamce them out. The three branches are the legislative, executive, and judicial powers. The president of Greece is Karolos Papoulias. He was elected by the Parliament and can stay in term for five years. Karolos was elected in 2005 and then re-elected in 2010. Therefore, he has about two years left to be in term.

Link: http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xhtml/en_GB/infoCountryPage/setimes/resource_centre/countries/greece?country=Greece

The president of Greece has interacted with the people in Greece in many different ways. Karolos Papoulias is athletic and the president of the National Athletics Association. Therefore, he interacts with people by playing sports. Karolos has also done different activities in the past that has led to where he is now like help fund a student resistance organization. He helps his country because he can veto laws, decalare wars, and accept treaties. This is similar to our government.

Link: http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xhtml/en_GB/infoBios/setimes/resource_centre/bios/papoulias_karolos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb