Day 26 - Athens To Venice


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
May 29th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Very early start today as plane leaves Athens for Rome and then Venice today at 06.30am. We were up at 03.00am waiting for the shuttle. It’s a good thing we were early as it took ages to get through customs at Athens. Not much to say except and uneventful trip to Rome and then on to Venice where we caught the water bus to Rialto and walked to our hotel from there. We were harassed by a guy who wanted to carry our luggage for 20e but we said no as we knew where to go and it is not too far, he kept following us and dropping his price, in the end Pam got really annoyed and told him so. The Palazzo Vitturi is as we remembered. It a beautiful old Venetian Palazzo in the Campo Santa Maria Formosa close to both St Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Being somewhat travel worn we had an afternoon snooze and walked the streets until dinner. Very hot today around 30 degrees and no wind at all. During dinner however the skies opened and it started to pour and then thunder and then lightning. By the time we got back to the hotel we were soaked and this storm was amazing, the lightning was like nothing I have seen, see Pam’s pics of it for some idea as to how ferocious it was.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb