Day 27 - Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 30th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Venice until the time to board the cruise ship comes around, so we went off to find Harrys bar, a very famous bar located on the front of the Grand Canal and have a beer. Well we found it and they would not let us in! They didn’t serve beer (hang on your Harrys BAR!) and I had to have longs and a collar, disappointment 1 for the day. We headed off in the direction of the Accademia Bridge as I wanted to see the Accademia Museum as it has some very old valuable art from the likes of Tinterretto, Belini etc but they wanted 16e just to enter so that was a bit of a disappointment as I was not prepared to spend that amount to see a couple of old paintings, in truth I know little about them anyway. So 2 disappointments we then walked down the canal front to St Maria Salute church about the last major church that we have not seen in Venice, and it was quite spectacular, with stunning frescoes and art works inside, very much a must see in Venice. Then it was off on the water bus to St Marks and then another water bus over to St Giorigo Maggorie whose tower provides a great view over Venice. A fairly plain basilica none the less the tower view was great. After that it was off to the Rialto for a giant beer, Zac will remember that place from last time. We did however dine, coffee only in “Florians” in St Marcos square, supposedly started in 1759 this is “the place” to be and be seen in Venice, not our style really at 24e for 2 coffees, which did include the fee of 6e er person for the orchestra who was playing at the time. Love Venice but it is so expensive that it takes the gloss off a little.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 73; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb