oh Stratos!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
April 14th 2006
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We embarrassed ourselves on the plane. We didn’t get to sit together, so there was snoring all over the plane. All three of us fell asleep before the plane even took off! I don’t even know if I made it to the safety procedures. That night and long day just took it all out of us. We couldn’t hold on anymore!

We got to Greece and we had to take a shuttle to the airport. We were able to unload from the front and the back and it’s just by luck that we all ended up on the same shuttle. Before we had gotten on the plane, we had seen something disturbing. I’m still not sure about it, but I think it was a guy with the worst plastic surgery ever. He got EVERYTHING done. Cheeks, lips, butt, forehead, chin, thighs, everything. If you’ve ever seen the movie White Chicks, imagine that. It was ridiculous. Well, when we were getting our bags we saw “it” again and other Americans were talking about how horrible this person looked. I felt kind of bad because everyone was staring, but obviously they got it done to be looked at, so I figure she was just getting what she wanted!

We got our bags and then made our way to the hostel. We had a little difficulty finding the right bus, but finally we boarded. The ride was a good thirty minutes, and we tried to stay awake, but it didn’t work out so well. It’s a good thing we were the last stop, otherwise we would have missed it. We had directions, but we couldn’t find the street we were looking for, so we just showed our address to random people and they helped us out.

We made it to the hostel and it was this guys first night. We wanted to kill him. He had no idea what he was doing and all we wanted to do was go to bed. He showed us to our room and we went to sleep. We slept for a few hours, but we had to check out of our room to check into another one, so we were up early. We missed breakfast, but the cute man working at the counter told us we could see what was left while he had our new room cleaned. We ate some bread and had some tea. We got the news that our new room was done, and we went back to sleep! We slept a good two hours and finally were ready to start the day.

Stratos, the cute old guy working there, gave us all the information we needed. He told us where everything was, what places to eat at, and what was open when. I love that guy! We found the first place and had the best gyros ever! Lunch was less than three euro and we got food and a drink. I was in Heaven! We went to the Acropolis first. The best thing about Greece: practically everything was free with a student i.d. We saw my friend Stacy from class and then continued to sight see. We went to the Greek restaurant. Stratos had bragged about the pork chops, so we went. What I didn’t know is that they only served pork chops! I asked for a menu and the waiter looked at me like I had lost my mind. I ordered a Greek salad and Monica and Tasha had pork chops. They were actually pretty good. The Greeks love to eat! They don’t play around. Thos girls got hooked up. There was way too much food on that plate.

We stuffed ourselves full and then ate ice cream! We’re such big fat kids. Tasha is amazing. She saw this little boy looking through the window and she bought him ice cream! The guy behind the counter attempted to teach us Greek, but it was hard and he failed. We appreciated the effort though! On our way back to the hostel, we walked through the shopping district. There are so many cute stores! Europeans dress so cool. I’m jealous. We also walked through a protest. Some girl had lost her job for a stupid reason so her and all her friends were standing in front of the door, not letting anyone in, and giving out flyers. Interesting! We thought we were going to have to change rooms again, but Stratos hooked us up. We got back and fell asleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb