Greece at Last


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
June 5th 2010
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We have been traveling and seeing so much and have not had computer access, so wanted to jot a quick note to let you all know we are well. We are at the end of our jumping from place to place every two days and are in Athens waiting for a bus to get on the boat. A week of relaxation is in order after the bustle of the last couple weeks.

For those of you wondering about the hiking, backpacking parts that we haven't written about... we've hiked mountains and more mountains and more stairs than are in the whole city of Green Bay (that's what it feels like sometimes 😊 )

Marina, we will write a great review when we return to the states. As for the missing undergarment we have several options for you - a turtle trap, slingshot, water balloon carrier or you can start a tradition found in the states and hang it from the ceiling.

Hope everyone is doing well. See you soon.

Advertisement



5th June 2010

How did Jane's driving go?
I wanted to hear how Jane did driving in the mountains in the rain? And how could a sidewalk be too narrow to play hopscotch? It does sound like you are all doing well in the wine tasting (smile) Sounds like you're all having a wonderful time. Enjoy the boat!
15th June 2010

Narrow sidewalks or staggering?
Driving in the rain in the mountains was not bad, except I did not get to enjoy the scenery. The van was also manual transmission, which I hadn't driven since my 20's, so that took time to adjust to. I also drove into Zagreb and that was an experience! You could not really tell which lanes went which direction and you'd think it was a one way street, but it was 2 way, people just parked in the same direction on both sides of the street. We managed tho with only a few honks and shaking heads from the locals :) As for the streets being too narrow, I really think Kristie just couldn't walk a straight line!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb