Back to the grind.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I've been asked by a few people to finish out our trip blog, so here goes. We had a wonderful time sailing the Greek Isles, although our captain was for sh*t. He could easily have ruined that part of our trip, but we made sure we enjoyed ourselves, and ignored him as best we could.

We returned to Athens for an afternoon and evening before having to head back home. We took a little train on a city tour to see the highlights and got some good pictures during the ride. Some of us climbed to the Acropolis, and there was a comment about it being the "land of red faces and water bottles". It was a very warm day (OK a very HOT day) - it felt like Phoenix in July - and the climb took a lot out of people.

Kristie grabbed her camera out of her fanny pack, Peg lit a smoke and I stepped over a dog as we passed the No Smoking, No Camera, No Pets sign 😊

We'd been told many times that "anything goes in Greece" as long as the cops don't get involved. And what good looking cops they are! We did have to deal with the Port Authority police at the end of the sailing trip due to the above noted captain, but they were on our side and took great care of us.

Next trip looks to be Spain and Moracco, but who knows what 2012 will really bring.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb