The long bus ride.....


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
May 13th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started the day out by having a roaming breakfast. We went to the Coffee Right to get a cup of coffee, kind of like Tim Horton's. The cheapest place to get coffee. Filtered coffee is1.60E for a small cup. We then went to this great bakery around our hotel and had a muffin (I don't know what kind). We also stopped at the grocery store and got 2 bananas. There are so many bakeries here it is amazing. One or two on every street.

The National Historical Museum was next on the list. It was interesting but there are only so many statues, clay potts, and busts you can see. Jessica saw a few items she had studied in one of her classes.

We then had the bright idea to go down the coast to the southern tip of Greece. There are regional buses that take you to sights outside of Athens. The 1.5hours bus ride took over 2 hours. It was like taking a greyhound bus to Banff while stopping every 5 miles to pick someone up or drop someone off. The area on the coast is called Cape Sounion. On top of the highest peak is the Poseidon Temple. A very impressive sight and well worth the bus trip! We sat up on this peak and had a beer! The bus ride was long but we were able to see the coast of Greece. There are many beautiful beaches all along the coast. It reminded me of driving from San Diego to Los Angeles on the coast highway.

Well, dinner at McDonald's finished the day off!

We are off to Rhodes in the morning.


Advertisement



15th May 2008

Hello again.
Hi, ladies. I am really enjoying your blogs, keep them coming. Darlene: Before I forget, Parvati won Survivor, I watched the final show with Vic, my first ever Survivor - imagine! Hope you enjoy Rhodes, its supposed to be beautiful. I'm ok and getting more energy every day. See you soon.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb