Berliner Museums


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 15th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Berliner Bears and their Friends



THis morning we felt much better and left the hostel at 8am. We walked to the Reichstag but the line was really long so we decided to give it a miss for the moment. It was too cold so we walked back to the hostel to get more clothes. Not before stopping at Dunkin Donuts for coffee, donuts and mini hash browns. We welked to Checkpoint Charlie and decided to go into the musuem. Not cheap at 12.50 Euro but worth it. There was so much info about people escaping the Berlin Wall and the ways they had done so. the first hour and a half was interesting . It was killer in terms of the amount of info and the way it was presented and not that interesting in the parts about religion. We skipped alot of stuff as it was so tiring. It was pretty moving to see what dividing a whole country can do and the devastating effects that it can have on families.

We grabbed lunch at Kamps; a chain bakery. The girl was very rude and pretended she didn't know what we were saying. Crap rolls too. About 500m down the road we saw the Topography of Terrors open air gallery. We didn't read much as we were still overwhelmed from the Checkpoint Charlie Museum. It was crazy to see the guards there and to imagine what it would have been like.

Back at the hostel we had a nanna nap. We met up with Soph and Sharlene. they were keen as to go to some Mexican place with sand on the floor for dinner. The food was terrible. Ben had a dog burger and I had chicken nachos which totally had no sauce. The drinks were great though. We had strawberry margeritas for 4.50 Euro, pretty cool.

We went back and got ready to go out and Sharlene was late.. again. We saw Steve who is lovely but slightly odd and I stupidly invited him along with us. Mistake. Caught a train to some bar. Vodka red bulls were 6 Euro and co9ver charge was 5 Euro. I didn't drink and Ben only had one. It really wasn't our scene. The smoke machine was gross but the highlight was when Steve tried to kiss a girl. Ben and I cabbed it home at 1:30 and the girls went off to some heavy "duff duff" clubs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.385s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb