Black Forest


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Freiburg at like 8 am without being bothered by the german conductor dude suprisingly. We made a hasty decision to head to a small town called Titisee right outside of Frieburg because it sounded nice in my travel book. The train ride was actually really beautiful getting there through the pine trees and steep ravines. It reminded me of forests in the states but much steeper and with far more changes in elevation. We made it to Titisee and although it seemed beautiful, it was sorta not what we expected. Rather than being a somewhat remote town in the woods, it was more of an old german people's vacation spot. It was still a cool place though and had a much needed nature feel versus all the huge cities we had been visiting. We took a quick bus ride to a hostel which was a massive german farmhouse building and booked a room with dinner a breakfast for the night. Apparently Titisee isnt a huge destination for backpackers of our age though, as the only other people staying there were tons of 10-12 year old spanish kids. After dropping our gear we walked around the forest and lake a bit near our hostel exploring. We walked through a marshy area for a while and Jake and I had Josh convinced that it was filled with German vipers and black forest mambas. He was scared like a little sissy and asking us if they were dangerous. We came to a dead end in our attempt to get to the otherside of the lake and had to walk back to the road to catch a bus to the town. After grabbing some food we found a spot on the lake that rented paddleboats for relatively cheap. The lake was filled with old people and german tourists cruising in these boats around so we thought it would be fun to rent one. Jake and Josh convinced me that would should spend more to get a hunk of shit boat that was twice as big as the others and had blue dolphins and a slide on it. It ended up being faster than I had thought and we cruised around for a while checking out the lake. Josh and Jake decided to get naked after a bit which was becoming incredibly common on this trip. They paddled the thing around while I sat on the top of the slide wondering what the hell was going on. The german people seemed to get a kick out of the naked zealanders paddling around and we even had a few younger girls chasing us for a while. After letting everyone on the lake know there were naked people on our boat, we headed back to shore and walked to our hostel for some dinner. The food was good, german sausage, potatoes, and brocolli, a very hearty meal. After dinner we drank a few of the local beers they had for sale at the place for only 1.50 euros which were outstanding and played some outdoor ping pong. At this point a bunch of the girl youngsters started chatting us up while we were playing. They actually spoke english suprisingly well and it quickly became apparent that they had crushes on us. Their teachers had to repeatedly attempt to get them to come from the bad weather but they insisted on talking with us. After the youngsters had all gone to bed for the most part we started chatting up their teachers which happened to all be spanish women from the ages of 18-25 or so. We drank a few beers with them and stayed up for a while before I crashed out leaving Josh and Jake with the two girls who were still awake. Apparently both girls ended up in our room for a bit later that night or so I was told as I was completely dead to the world not waking once until the next morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb