Copenhagen - Germany


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke and cruised over to the nearby library to use the internet to find where we could go later that day. Josh was supposed to meet Chris in Berlin but was unable to get a hold of him and wasnt sure if he had tickets for the concert that was playing there. Josh also stated that if he was going to go to switzerland again with us he wanted to train through the black forest rather than through munich. We decided to catch a night train to Cologne germany and from there take a train to Freiburg and then a small town further in the black forest from there. We hung with Lulu a bit longer and then hopped a metro to the train station to head off towards Germany. Turns out the train was completely full and all the cars even ones with seats had been fully reserved ahead. We decided to sit in the luggage part in the front of the train with a few bikes and another German lady since there were no free spots. It was actually relatively comfortable until later when people started actually putting suitcases there and about 5 others joined us without seats. For a while we were wondering if we would end up sitting ontop of suitcases but as the night progessed the room started to clear out a bit again. After passing into Germany a new conductor jumped on the train and was apparently a dick. Not only did he make us pay 3.50 for a reservation but he also said we couldnt stay in the luggage room and showed us the last three spots in cars having five people in each already. There was no chance I was going to be able to sleep in a car with 5 others sitting in small cramped seats so I said fuk it and went back to the luggage room. Jake joined me along with the German lady who had simply not listened to the conductor in the first place. We set up our sleeping bags on the floor and crashed out getting what was probably some of the best night train sleep yet (still not in any way good sleep).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb