Festival day 3


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke on the third day of the festival feeling unbelievably dirty at this point. The camping area was totally filled with trash, mud, and a random road sign that one of the germans had stolen from near the entrance to the fest grounds. I decided that it was time to take a shower as it was the third day now without a shower. I walked over to the showering area and joined the big line of grimy people. While in line some random wasted fat dude wandered over to the line and started shouting things in german. The gross part was that he was wearing only a towel and constantly showing his butt crack off. Even worse he proceeded to drop some of his clothing at one point and bent over to pick it up showing that he had in fact apparently pooped himself and crap was smeared all over his upper butt region. Essentially everyone around him was avoiding him or laughing at this point and luckily it was finally my turn to use the shower. To my dismay, I realized that I had actually waited in line for a nice toilet that flushed rather than a shower for nearly an hour. I decided it wasnt worth waiting another hour so I headed back to a place near my tent and washed my hair with some water and shampoo. After grabbing some food we made out way back to the tent to find that josh and jake had met some more new zealanders and they were all already completely wasted. Apparently they also had a massive blue caravan with them that they were going to drive us to Amsterdam in early the next morning. We all walked together shortly after to see part of kings of Leon and then Sonic Youth afterwards. Sonic Youth was crap, another one of my least favorite performances. Next Placebo played who were actually really good though I had never heard any of their music before this. At this point josh, jake, and the two new guys were dancing around like idiots with their shirts off in a large muddy area of the concert section. After placebo aaron and I realized we were completely out of beer. The camping area was also starting to look like a wasteland with tents being destroyed and trash covering all parts of the camping grounds. We decided we couldnt spend another night in the tent at this place with the likelyhood of someone looting our stuff or destroying our tent quite high. We packed up all our shit and made our way to the train station, missing pearl jam unfortunately. It turns out later that night the guys from new zealand were running around taking things that people had left behind when an undercover cop spotted them grabbing an empty cooler from one of the sites. The cop tackled Tom to the ground and threw handcuffs on him. They then arrested the other new guy from zealand shortly after and brought them both to a holding cell on the festival grounds. They ended up spending eight hours in the cells before being baled out at the cost of 300 euros and then finally heading towards amsterdam to meet with Aaron and I.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb