Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
September 25th 2004
Published: September 25th 2004
Edit Blog Post

We survived our first flight with Ryan Air. It took longer to get to the airport on the bus than it did to fly to Frankfurt. We just barely got a seat on the bus that took us to Frankfurt train station. A few people after us had to stand up the whole time...about 1 3ยด4 hrs. We took a taxi to the hostel that we had booked and it was a happening place. Georgina asked if we would get any sleep. The young man said he would try to get us a good room. He found one for us which was off in a quieter wing of the building and we had the room to ourselves even though there were 2 more beds.
Next morning we had a good buffet breakfast and headed for the bus. Many modern building as well as older. We got to the station a bit late to catch train to Mainz for the Rhein river tour. We got the next train, but with trying to find our way to the dock the boat was leaving as we crossed the street....WE MISSED THE BOAT...So we made our own tOUR. CAUGHT THE TRAIN AND RODE BESIDE THE RIVER SEEING 3 CASTLES. Can't get rid of capitals...not we did...but time finished.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb