Today I rode my bike to Germany.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
January 30th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The MapThe MapThe Map

When I asked Nick how to get to Germany, this is what he drew. It's actually the only good map I could find anywhere.
The cool thing about living in Well is that its right near the border of Germany. Also, there is virtually no border control so you don't have to worry about awkward moments going through customs on a bike. This means that if one is equipped with a bicycle and has some time on one's hands one could certainly visit Germany. One could and one DID.

I'm exhausted now. And I have to do four hours of Tai Chi in Acting class tomorrow. The bike riding combined with the Tai Chi and the stairs I'm constantly going up and down is really going to get me in shape. Thank god.

Anyway, we (Nicole and I) made it to a little town called Weeze after a couple hours of getting lost and wondering what country we were even in. Alexis started the ride with us but she had to leave halfway through to make it back in time for class.

Weeze is an adorable little village. We stopped at a pub/cafe where a bunch of old women were having afternoon tea. We ordered beer. Real German Beer. In Germany.

Turns out I do know a little German. Enough to
Map detailMap detailMap detail

I'd just like to point out how it says, "Continue down dangerous road that curves and has no side paths." Sadly, it was true.
get around and get what I need.

We took a bunch of photos, ate some pastries, and then rode back. A nice little adventure for a Tuesday afternoon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The biking partyThe biking party
The biking party

Alexis doesn't always look this pissed off. She was doing it for effect.
Wait... Where are we?Wait... Where are we?
Wait... Where are we?

Wilkommen means welcome, right? Are we in Germany?
Lots of thisLots of this
Lots of this

So many fields. And apparently today was the day for every farm to fertilize. MANURE! eeeewww
WeezeWeeze
Weeze

YAY! we made it!
Undeniable proofUndeniable proof
Undeniable proof

definitely in Germany.
Undeniable proof 2Undeniable proof 2
Undeniable proof 2

Biergarten. Drunken clown.
The BeerThe Beer
The Beer

Worth it.


Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb