The Elderly Couple Set Forth


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
February 24th 2014
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

An elderly couple starting offAn elderly couple starting offAn elderly couple starting off

7.30 start at the bus stop
Geo: 50.9351, 6.95979

The visas arrived, we have handed the house over to our house sitter for the next six weeks giving her a great long list of "Things you ought to know" like where the stop cock and fuse boxes are situated. Many years ago we went on holiday for Christmas and came back to a flooded house, ever since then we have been paranoid about going away in winter so we always try to find a house sitter.

Up at the crack of dawn and off on the 7.30 bus to Shrewsbury to catch the train to Euston.

It was all going swimmingly, then we stopped for lunch in an Irish Bar opposite the Eurostar terminal where the barman had to write something on the order to describe who we were so the waitress could find us. He probably did not realise that his instruction appeared on the bill as he wrote wrote "Area 1 - Elderly". We are going on an adventure, we can't be elderly. I normally blame comments like this on Gill but I am afraid it was yours truly he was looking at as he wrote it! If he was in his teens I would not feel so bad but he must have been at least 30!

So then it was off to the Eurostar terminal and under the channel to Brussels, then on another train to Cologne in time for a very nice dinner washed down with a couple of German beers. So that is four countries visited and four trains on the first day, we only have another five trains and six countries to go!

Tomorrow we will "do" Cologne then we catch the overnight sleeper to Warsaw so I expect it will be Wednesday night before we update the blog.

Advertisement



27th February 2014

Don't forget "lao" = elderly in China is a sign of respect...it means you are wise.!!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb