Day 7


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saarland
August 17th 2019
Published: August 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We left Bühl early after a very quite breakfast in the convent. We set the satnav with the hope of journeying through the Black Forest en route to Füssen. Perhaps it was our age, the desire to get going or the wish to get to our destination in plenty of time to enjoy the sights - but we failed to realise why it was predicting and arrival time is 3:15pm - given that it was only just 8am that meant a drive of over 7 hours!

Still we set off assuming some accident or roadworks might explain the journey time.

We drive through lots of small towns and farmer’s fields but saw little in the way of forest. It was after about 40 minutes of this ‘steady’ progress that Amy asked if the satnav setting were still avoiding motorways?

On discovering that she was right some hasty changes were made and our ETA changed to 12:15pm! The most galling part was hopping back on to the autobahn and racing back to within 2km of where we had left almost an hour before!

The rest of the journey was fast and fairly clear of delays. The weather was grey and damp and the food stayed up!

We arrived in Füssen just after lunch and spent the balance of the day walking through the town and seeing the sights. We returned to the town in the evening as it was Füssen-Fest. We drank ? and ate bratwurst whilst listening to an traditional German Umpah band! We danced as they played Salsa in the next square and then walked down to the lake before heading back to the hotel. Tomorrow we’ll visit the two castles close to the town before journeying through Austria to Liectenstein. The forecast says 31 and bright ☀️.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb