Germany 2013 - Off We Go


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

gnomeheartgnomeheartgnomeheart

Lonely gnome.
Apologies in advance for our late start on the travel blog. We’re filling in a few days after the fact. We hit the ground running in Germany and haven’t stopped! Our trip started off in typical Brian and Amy fashion. We got to Dulles in plenty of time after dropping Edge and Skye at the kennel. “Griffito” is staying with Aunt Silvia and Uncle Robert. Cedric the Gnome is making the trip with us. He’s decided to look for a German girlfriend. Ray Solt fixed his brother up with an “angel” so he’s been a little jealous. We hopped on the bus at the long term parking but when we got to the terminal we missed the right spot to get off – even after we’ve both been to Dulles hundreds of times. Classic. We made another loop and then made our way to the gate. The flight was easy-peasy and we made it Frankfurt in early afternoon the next day. We found our way to the baggage claim of Air Condor where Brian’s mom and Jerry were coming in and located them in a few minutes. Locating our van driver who was supposed to meet us was a different story.
wine30wine30wine30

Our first wine:30
We waited for him at the baggage claim and he waited for us at …the meeting area where we were apparently supposed to go. After spending 30 minutes learning how to make a German phone call (still have not cracked the code), we found each other and headed to Edigheim and Aunt Eva’s house. We spent the rest of the day visiting with Aunt Eva, our cousins, and their families and then called it quits for the day. We had our first “wine-thirty” – expect this to be a trend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Wine 30 2Wine 30 2
Wine 30 2

A great tradition


Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb