Medieval fun in Bacarach


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Bacharach
September 15th 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Quick Notes:

1. I found that the following is how NOT to make friends in Germany:

Waiter: "So, why don't you speak German?"
Matt: "Because we won the war"

2. Germans love the sausage. I ordered a plate of assorted sausages and I thought they were pulling my leg with all the different "wursts" they had



Headed for the Rhineland because that is where Matts family is from and because its beautiful. we stayed 2 days in bacarach and would highly recommend it. we wandered the streets and ate in cute restaurants. you know how they try to make you think you are in a medieval village in busch gardens but it ends up feeling fake? well this was exactly like that! it was gorgeous. anyway, nothing exciting to report about bacarach, but it was quite beautiful and we loved tasting their local riesling wine. we actually went to this one place known for wine tasting and we asked in broken german for the wine tasting. the lady brought us 14 different wines on a lazy susan. no kidding. it wasnt that much wine in the end because each glass only had a little, but it sure looked funny. when i can figure out how to upload pictures in internet cafes, i will upload that one. all the germans walking by would comment in german, but oddly enough their german sounded exactly like english: "alotta drikken". it was funny.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb