Wine on the Rhine


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Bacharach
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Phil's New FriendPhil's New FriendPhil's New Friend

At the Gouda cheese market
Guten Morgen! Last we talked, I think that we were in Delft about to go to the Royal Delft factory. It was amazing. They have enormous mosaics of tiles with Rembrandt reproduction paintings on them and vases that are 12,000 euros! Everything there was very expensive because of all the hand painting but we did find a few knock-offs to buy! We stopped in The Hague for a stroll through the town on the way back to Gouda. The Hague was very busy and there is definitely a lot of money in that town!
Yesterday, we left Gouda for Germany. We were sad to leave the Netherlands but Germany has been great so far! It took us four trains and getting a little lost in the giant train station at Utrecht to get into town but it was definitely worth it! We're in Bacharach now which is a tiny medieval town. The oldest house in town is from the 1300s. There is a wall surrounding the town and 6 watch towers to survey the town. Very cool! We tried to put up a picture for you but you will have to wait until we get home because it crashed the computer!
Today we're off to St. Goar to tour some castles and see fireworks on the Rhine. It's wine festival time here!
That's all for now! Miss you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb