Going Medieval


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Rothenburg ob der Tauber
September 11th 2006
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HELLO ALL! I'm having a little trouble with the caps lock on this computer!! hahaha Satruday night we went to the Rhine in Flames which was an amazing fireworks show right on the river. The river was full of lit up boats and they played music with the show. The firworks were shot off from a boat and then more came from on the shore too! It was unbelievable. Yesterday we left Bacharach for Rothenburg. This is an even older medieval town. We took a tour with the nightwatchman at sunset last night. He showed us the oldest house which is built on a foundation from 980 AD but the house is new (built in 1555!)

We have been very lucky so far with the hotels we are staying at. In Bacharach we stayed with a woman named Lettie who runs her place like a tourist office. She was so helpful and she makes good waffles! Now we are staying at Pension Poeschel which was only 35 euros for a night and it has a great little cozy room and another big breakfast! Yum!

Today we will take some tours around Rothenberg and tomorrow we got to Fuessen which has Mad King Ludwig's castles and some more beautiful views of the alps.

Guten tag! (good day!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb