Abi-Ball


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Stockum
June 23rd 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today, Franzi and Maike graduated from the Gymnasium in Sundern. The celebrations began this morning with a church service and then "Zeugnis Ausgabe", passing out of the report cards. Kind of like receiving their diplomas. I wasn't at either of these events. In the evening I joined the festivities as the celebrations continued with the Abi-ball. Family and a few friends who were fortunate enough to be able to receive a dinner card joined the graduating class in the Stockum Schützenhalle for an elegant dinner. In many ways the night reminded me of Prom. The ladies were all dressed in long elegant dresses. The hall had be nicely decorated with flowers on the long tables. Franzi and Maike looked beautiful. Luckily, we were all able to get a seat together (Bernd, Angelika, Johanna, Franzi, Maike, Anne, Mama, Markus and me - the two families + Mama and me) The graduating class of 2002 was also invited to dinner, so Basti was there but sat with his class. Dinner was buffet style and was absolutely delicious. Dinner was catered, but the desserts that followed were made by Maike and others from her class.

After dinner, several of the graduating class went up on the stage to sing a couple songs they had prepared. =) I didn't know either song, but the second was a song about being together, but moving on to the next thing. It was a perfect graduating song. Often saying how good those times were and they won't be forgotten as they move on. at 10, the doors were opened to more guests. The hall got very full. A live band joined the scene and the dance floor opened. The night was filled with smiles, laughter, dancing and just general celebration. I am sooooooo glad that I was able to be here to celebrate with Franzi and Maike. I'm so proud of them. I can't beleive they've now graduated high school and are moving on! =)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb