HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!! =)


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Stockum
January 1st 2006
Published: January 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe another year has gone by. It's already 2006 and I definetely started it off on the right foot. =) I was going to go to Muenster with Caro and Sophie to celebrate with some of Carlo's (Sophie's boyfriend) friends. But we found out Thur. that the party we were going to go to was 21 and up! In Germany!! Never expected that. It kinda stunk and it was to late to get tickets to other parties going on in Muenster. So, we didn't do that. We went to Arnsberg (a city about 20-30 min. from Sundern) instead. It was still a blast. =)

Caro, Sophie and I drove to Carlo's place early to get everything ready for dinner. We were having Raclette, so we had to get all the different toppings ready. Sophie made some pizza rolls.. those were really good. At 8 Carlo's friends came over for dinner. Dinner was good, but things were kinda awkward. The table was kinda divided in half one half was one group of friends the other another group of friends. I thought the whole evening was gonna be kinda wierd, but it turned out great. After dinner we just sat around chatting for a while.

A little before 12 we grabbed the bottles of Sekt (sparkling wine), and a case of beer and walked to the top of one of the hills in Arnsberg. At 12 we popped open the bottles of Sekt, lit fireworks and watched the city light up with fireworks as others set them off around the city. It was sooo much fun. =)

After most of the fireworks had died down we headed back to the house to continue celebrating. The only bad thing about having had walked there was the snow that was still on the ground. My shoes were soaked by the time we got back. They were still wet and cold the next evening... having non-waterproof shoes here in the winter is not the greatest thing, but oh well... it didn't kill me. When we got back to Carlo's place we went down to his basement and continued the party into the wee hours of the morning. Of course it wouldn't be a party with dancing... hehe... we danced the fox trot. That's always fun.

Caro, Sophie and I crashed at Carlo's place. This morning we actually were all awake before the afternoon. hehe... we had breakfast there.. gotta love fresh rolls in the morning, helped clean up and then drove back home. Of course as soon as I got home I crashed. I was sooo exhausted. Today's been a nice and relaxing day =) Love those days. I hope you all had a great New Year's! Miss you all! ciao


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb