Farewell Cologne


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
December 5th 2014
Published: December 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Relax day today, with just a small wander around the main shopping precinct, and of course, one of the Christmas markets. There is nine in all in the city of Cologne to see if you are willing to travel out of the main city.

Enjoyed an apple strudel from the bakery, and of course another gluehwien. Where is met this lovely lady who started talking to me. When she found I couldn't speak german, she started speaking in English. Very fluent as well. She was telling me it was nice to practice, as she only learn't to speak english 10 years ago. She is now 75, dressed in her red and white and was going to the local soccer match with the LC Koln team. Her son met her and they went to the game together which I thought was very sweet. From here I went walking and had a traditional pork sausage in a crispy bread roll, with some mustard and curry sauce. It was very nice. While there, there was a big group of supporters for the same team. They were chanting and singing prior to departing to the game as well. It was a really nice atmosphere to soak in and enjoy.

From here I walked to the Chocolate Museum. You could go through the museum for a small fee, but I really only went to get the chocolate.. Lindt chocolate, to take home for the evening. Tomorrow is onto my next destination, Geneva/AnneMasse 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb