Carnivals in Koln, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
February 1st 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Near the cathedralNear the cathedralNear the cathedral

Clear blue sky..therefore nice weather for partying :)
Hallo! Here I am again...another story in a country I see for the first time. And funnily enough, it was during the Carnival. There are not so many things to mention, as the trip was kind of short in order to make a full impression. But what I can say was....well, Koln is quite easy to deal with. Even if I don't speak any German, it was easy to understand the maps and locations. The trains & trams are always on time and very clean. The city was quite clean considering the fact that it was carnival. It was so lovely to see everyone smiling, dancing, being friendly with people they didn't even know! Music was everywhere, but...what music?! HORRIBLE! I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but that music was so strange..honestly, I didn't like it. Besides that, the beer was affordable, easy to find and the atmosphere joyful. I loved the tram overloaded at 3 am, food shops open non-stop, music & people having fun!!! The city is beautiful, there are lots of places to discover and explore, unfortunately the museums and the METRO CABLE were closed for holidays. Therefore, I'll have to visit this place again..or any other in Germany...it's not over yet!

Enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

PunkPunk
Punk

These are not costumes...
The RhineThe Rhine
The Rhine

Rinul in toata splendoarea sa (Romanian)
2 euro beer :P2 euro beer :P
2 euro beer :P

offer during carnivals


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb