Rainy Days


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Bonn
August 14th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Linda in Rainy BonnLinda in Rainy BonnLinda in Rainy Bonn

All you folks sizzling in 106 deg heat, take note...
We have recovered from the adventures in Prague and Munich; the quiet home along the Rhine is good for that. We went to the grocery store and spent € 38 on fruits and veggies, bread, beer, and a bottle of wine. We also go some hamburger as that is something we really miss. Ok, we got some ice cream bars too. We have vowed to not go to any American fast food places, like the ubiquitous Mickey D, but we still had a taste for hamburgers. And, it turned out good.

We have been getting a lot of rain, today we went to Bonn to buy our tickets to Amsterdam for Wednesday morning, and got drenched. Attached is a picture of Linda outside the Starbucks in the Bonn Zentrum square.

So, it is off again to another country. We are looking forward to seeing all the Dutch master paintings. Will keep you posted.

Ciao,

Peter and Linda

Advertisement



14th August 2011

Your Trip
Looks like you are having a wonderful vacation! Enjoy all of the history and beauty!
16th August 2011

vicarious vacation
Hi Pete & Linda: Yours has been a cheap European vacation for us. We've just moved from a 10 A. country house to a condo and we can't find space enough for our "stuff". Your pics & blog give us a welcome break from it all. Enjoy the rest of your trip through the Olde Worlde. Keith & Dava P.S. Pete, who's that sweet young thing that keeps making you climb all those steps?

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb