8 hours in Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse
March 23rd 2017
Published: April 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

What do you do if you have a long connection in Frankfurt? You go explore, of course! The weather was pleasant, so we did just that.

I saw that you could store luggage at the Frankfurt rail station for much less than at the airport, so we did that. We bought a day transport pass for the three of us at a cost of about 19 Euro. It was 7 Euro to store each bag at the airport, and we were able to get all 4 of our bags in the rail station locker for a total of 5 Euro. Such a great tip!

We had transited FRA many times, and have only seen the suburbs one time, so it was great to finally see some of the city center. Now of course, Frankfurt is no London or Paris, but I thought it was very nice downtown.

Once at the rail station, we rode the metro to the Dom/Romer station and just walked around the entire area.

We had a nice lunch near the old square. We headed back to the airport at about 4pm.

Our next flight was Croatian Airlines flight 419 to Dubrovnik. This was an Airbus 319, and was pretty full. We did get on though, with each of us having seat F in rows 22, 23, and 24. It was a routine flight, and I slept the entire time, having been so exhausted. It was about 30 minutes behind schedule, so by the time we got to out Airbnb accomodation, it was well after 11pm. Our host Irena was there and we were happy to see her. Dubrovnik is a city of stairs, and we walked a lot to get up to her place in the Old City. The stairs were not so bad, except while carrying our bags.

We took the Atlas shuttle bus from the airport. It costs 40 Kuna each way and was a nice comfortable ride. It drops you off at the Pile Gate, and then you need to walk from there, as no cars are allowed inside the walls,


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb