Beautiful first day


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
March 24th 2017
Published: April 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke relatively early, but let our daughter sleep in. Our Airbnb host had told us to go down to the tourist office and register for a free tour on Saturday, so we did that straight away. We then went to have a crepe breakfast at Dolce Vita. It was very good, but very rich and heavy. We took some back to our Daughter, and then headed out. We wanted to do the cable car this day, but were not sure if the fog would lift to allow this. The locals said the fog was not normal, but I thought it added to some of the photos. The fog did lift, so we walked up to get the cable car. It is outside of the walls, but still very close by. It took maybe 15 minutes walking. We passed by Pizzeria Tabasco, and decided we would eat there on our way back.

One of the joys of off season travel, is that we were the only 3 going up in the cable car! I thought the views up there were just okay, but still consider this a must do for the area. The girls just stayed by the upper station, while I wandered around. I went off on trails, and was concerned about unexploded land mines. I am still here though, so obviously did not find any.

In the late afternoon, we headed back down on the cable car. This time we had to share the cabin with 5 others. We did stop at the pizza place as planned, for a late lunch/early dinner. It was a great meal, and I enjoyed my first local beer there as well.

After our meal, we walked around the little harbor. As a lover of cats, it was nice to see so many.

They used to have many street dogs as well, but they built a shelter outside of the walls for them. The cats seem to be fed and taken care of for the most part.

Later on, we just continued to wander around the Old Town inside the walls. The weather was great, and the crowds light.

We went back to our apartment and the girls stayed in there. I went to check out the Buza Bar which is famous for the area. It was a nice place to sit, and very relaxing. However, at 40 kuna for a small beer, it is way over priced. Paying for the views I guess. You can get 6 of those beers in the store for that price. While seated there, I had a cat come sit on my lap.

Just as the night before, we slept well. The aprtment was in a very quiet area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb