BMWs, beer, and... wine?


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Marburg
April 14th 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ahh, here is the second part I promised you all.

Today I started my first week of regular semester classes. Unfortunately, that meant class starting at 8am. That will take some time to get used to. Today's class was Close relationships, a psych course. Should be fairly interesting. Tomorrow I have Slavery in the Americas. Yeah, I know, I came to Germany and am taking a course on American Slavery. So, about my trip over Easter break...

The trip started early Thursday morning when I hopped on my train form Marburg at 635. Switched in Frankfurt, and was in Munchen by 11:15 or so. Walked down to Marienplatz to meet up with them. It was pretty awesome seeing them, and it was even cooler that it was in Munich. After that we headed over to BMW Welt (world) to pick up the car. The whole experience was awesome, and they made us feel like royalty pretty much. Awesome little lounge area before, had our own person walk us through the whole thing, all very cool stuff. And of course the car was amazing. Black, 335xi, 6 speed....yeah. Anywho, we went back to the hotel before Dad and I went out for the evening. Checked out some cool Hitler sites around Munich, and luckily, Hofbrau and Lowenbrau were on the way too : )

Next day we hit the road. Where to you ask? Well Colmar, France of course! Drive took a little longer than expected. Some unforseen traffic was a big contributor to that. But we got there, and had the evening in Colmar. Cool town with a section called 'Petite Venice' and also a neat old town section. We ate at a little cafe and had the local specialty of tarte flambee. The are basically like reallllly thin pizzas with a creamy cheese on the bottom, then onions, bacon and other cheese on top. Actually pretty tasty. That evening we walked around Colmar.

The next day we did the route de vin. We had three towns on the agenda, and for the most part, just saw two of them. First, we hit up Turckheim. This was a cool little town we walked around. Also tried some local wines, and bought a few bottles. After Turckheim was... ah crap, I cant think of it. And it was even the coolest town of all. Riquewihr maybe? Not 100%, but you can ask my parents. This town had many buildings intact from the 16th century. Great time there. After driving through these scenic towns, we went back to Colmar for the evening.

The next day we headed up to Marburg, via Strasbourg. Strasbourg was very pretty and the church there was awesome too. Once we got to Marburg, we checked in , and went to get some Auflauf (see earlier post). Had a beer at Hinkelstein, then headed back to take advantage of the hotel's spa. Very nice. Our last day was spent in Marburg. Walked around town, and also saw the castle. After they saw my humble abode, they had to head back to Munich. Thanks again for the great weekend!!!

Settling back into the real world in Marburg, and my next big trip is paris and rome in 3 weeks when ash and sarah come!!! Miss everybody and hope everything is going well. C ya!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb