Heimtextil - Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
January 11th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0924, 8.68195

Actually had a good nights sleep for once, but still woke up at 4.12am. So checked Facebook, emails, same old office stuff!! About 6.30, woke Clint and then once again, jumped out of bed for showers and breakfast. We got to the breakfast room and there was so many people there and we had to wait for a table. A lady made room for us at her table and we sat down and got breakfast. We got ready to go to the trade fair, and then we walked to the tram stop across the road to catch the No 16 tram to the fair. We travelled 4 stops then half the people on the tram got off!! Clint raced to the line up, so excited he was actually here! Today, Nikki was experiencing her first Trade Show, she only saw the sign that said To Skyline Towers -Shopping Centre!!! Well we through the entry gate and headed upstairs, then from here we walked for ages, 11 different halls to visit!! Clint headed to halls 5 and 6 first, while Nikki and I headed to 3 and 4. These halls are all connected internally by walkways, very well signage as well. There was halls and halls of fabrics, wallpapers, flooring, blinds, so much to see in each hall, think this is bigger than the Asia exhibition. Well we stayed long enough for lunch, and met up with Clint, then early afternoon, Nikki and I left so I could keep the peace. So Skyline Plaza, here we come!Once we left the trade Fair, we were unable to get back in, so we headed to the Shopping Centre. This place looks huge, so we thought we better make a start. As we walked through the many shops, the urge to the toilet came quickly. Well trying to find a toilet in a shopping centre that you have never been to isn't easy! Third floor into the car park and it costs you .50 Euro to pee! Well, if we had to pay to pee, I made it worthwhile and made a firm deposit!! Enough said....Back into the shopping centre, we wandered through and ended up buying an ice cream and sat down finally to eat it! This ice cream was delicious, I had mango and strawberry and Nikki had Kinder surprise flavour.As we left this shopping centre, it was actually raining, not snowing! We made our way back to the hotel on the tram. We went to the 3rd floor and I waited for Nikki to go to her room before going to mine. Well her key didn't work, so she came up to ours. Ours worked, and when we we in....... All of our bags were gone-vanished, everything we had all spread out was no longer there.......PANIC! We had our drinks outside on the window ledge, they were gone too, absolute fear of not knowing where all of our bags were and Nikki not being able to even get into her room, I thought I would try to open our safe, which had all our valuables in it, luckily everything was still there. Then I thought about a pair of black pants I had washed and hung on the heater, well they were still there too.Well, we stormed downstairs to reception and the worker told us they had shifted us to a triple room (as this is what we had actually paid for) so Nikki was given a key to her old room to check all her stuff had been removed, with her fearing of people going through her bag, all was gone, then we went back to our room, removed all our stuff from the safe, and my pants, and then headed to the 4th floor to our new room. Here, we found 3 suitcases, and all our food and boots/jackets etc that was all spread out, but we are missing our drinks and our cheese we had from the other room. We enquired at reception and they were going to check where it may be. We rang Clint to let him know we had a new room as he was still at the Trade Fair. When Clint came back from his day at Heimtextil, we had a quiet drink before going out to find Nikki something to eat for dinner. We found a place next to the Hotel, they made quite a bit of different foods, eg, pasta, pizza, kebabs, etc and she ordered Pizza. Clint and I had already decided we were going to have dinner at "The Prince of India" a restaurant right next door to the Hotel, while Nikki took her pizza back to the room to eat in peace! Our meal at the Prince of India was very nice, we ordered 2 meals to share with biryani rice with a glass of wine each. I'm not sure why we keep eating but we do! We went back to our room to collapse on the bed. Clint ended up reading and I was trying to catch up with the travelpod. My eyes didn't last much longer after this, a tiring day of walking miles at the Trade Show and the shops!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



13th January 2017

Bloody hell. Can't believe that the hotel just up and shifted all your stuff without notifying you first!I feel that was a bit rough. A text message would have at least been the proper thing to do. Anyway, hopefully the exhibition was inspi
rational.
13th January 2017

Used to fly through Frankfurt regularly, but haven't been there for quite a few years now. Enjoy the trip.
13th January 2017

Yummy what are these , desert , cakes , if I was travelling were you guys are I would be so fat , the pic of all the food looks so yummy ,
13th January 2017

Clint you are a happy little vegemite , you eat all your dinner now ,your so Much fun to watch on this holiday , I so look forward to what you are up to Its find wally No its find Clint
13th January 2017

Lol have you got a sore tummy , you may need a poo lol
13th January 2017

Love reading your blog and viewing photos
14th January 2017

Haha... food looks amazing.... man those Italian sweets look good. too bad about your tiny glass...?
14th January 2017

Haha... food looks amazing.... man those Italian sweets look good. too bad about your tiny glass...?

Tot: 0.448s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb