Germany stopover


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
April 7th 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It is never fun to return from a fun trip, but that is what we had to start doing this day. We had decided to split up the return trip and spend a day in Frankfurt.

We awoke at 6am and prepared our luggage. After checking out of the hotel, we caught a taxi to Budapest airport. It took about 20 minutes to get there. We checked in for Lufthansa 1335 to Frankfurt and went to the gate to wait. We had a quick breakfast snack in order to burn our last Hungarian Forints. At 9:25am, we were on board the Airbus 319 and I was in seat 9F. It was a quick and smooth flight to Frankfurt, in which we were served some fresh fruit and drinks.

When we arrived at Frankfurt, we ate some pizza in the airport at a place called Marche, which was really good!!

After our lunch, we took the shuttle to the Mercure Hotel.

It was about 10 minutes away from the airport. We had perfect timing because when we went outside of the terminal, we saw that a shuttle would come in 5 minutes.

We had planned on taking a train into downtown Frankfurt, but it was near 1pm now and we were meeting a Travbuddy at about 5:45pm that evening, so we did not go into town after all. Instead, the girls went swimming and I walked to a market to get some drinks and snacks.

We pretty much just sat around relaxing until Sven(svenman99) showed up to pick us up to go out to dinner.

It was great to meat Sven after all these years and he is the coolest guy you can ever meet! He took us to a fantastic German restaurant that was maybe 10 to 15 minutes away from our hotel. It was called Zum Bembelsche, and I highly recommend it! I had a giant meatball with potatoes, my wife had a sausage that was so good, and my daughter had a schnitzel. I cannot get over how good the food was....review coming soon! We all ate, and chatted for a few hours, mostly about travel. After dinner, Sven drove us back to our hotel and we parted ways. Thank you Sven!

We stayed up for a couple of hours, watching television and then finally passed out to sleep. In the morning we would head back to the USA.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb