Day 19 - Frankfurt /Darmstadt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Darmstadt
May 14th 2016
Published: May 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today was a really exciting day as I got to meet up with my friend Connie from Germany who I haven't seen in 7 years! I met her when she was an exchange student in high school. She had come all the way from Munich the day before so we decided to meet up for breakfast at a Cafe around the area we were staying. It was so nice to see her again (and in her own country this time)! She brought her cousin along as well (Kerstin) who lives in the area so was able to guide us around. We had planned to meet up with Markus again later on as he was going to guide us around Frankfurt, so Connie and Kerstin joined us for the rest of the day. We walked through the fresh markets, had a glass of wine in one of the market places with everyone, and then walked to the river where you could see the beautiful skyline of the city. We then had a delicious burger at a place Markus took us to and then we had a coffee at a nice cafe with just Connie and Kerstin at the end. It was really nice walking around Frankfurt, it's all flat so is easy to walk places and it seems like a really peaceful place. We then said our goodbyes to Connie and Kerstin and then met up with Blair's parents and made our way to Darmstadt. Tomorrow is going to be a big day as it's Markus's wedding. I may not blog tomorrow as we'll probably get home late from the wedding, but will blog again on Monday. Good night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb