Hamburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 24th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HamburgHamburgHamburg

The four of us in Hamburg: cam, me, Chris and Jakob
Woke up to some beautiful weather in Hamburg. Chris, Cam grabbed some bikes out of the garage and went off to the nearby nature reserve. It was humungous and I was scared on several occasions that I was going to die. Im no Lance Armstrong and the mum's bike complete with saddle for carrying goods wasnt really ideal for the terrain especially hills. Lots of fun though, especially watching a ligthweight plane take off over us, and nearly take us out.

We headed into Hamburg, 26mins by train ( the german's are very precise) and did a spot of shopping and strolling. Hamburg is infact rather reminiscent of Melbourne.

We cooked up a big meal of satayed chicken which Jakob calls Wok, as well as an apple crumble and later on a cleaned up in the poker. Jakob's dad took Cam and I for a spin in the convertable where we went 210km p/h on the autobahn which is well and truly legal over here. Its amazing Id only been half that speed, so very windy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

HamburgHamburg
Hamburg

BBQ at Jakobs house, you can see Chris and Jakob is in the edge
HamburgHamburg
Hamburg

The boys enjoying a Heineken on the beautiful lake in Hamburg, shopping was too much for them!


Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb